Ultimate EMP: Electronic Music Production Program
Find your own sound and make your tracks stand out
ON SALE: 50% off
Build your own program
Find your own sound and create your identity to make your tracks stand out in the world where everybody is copying each other.
Build your own program with the most comprehensive Composition, Sound Design, and Mixing and Mastering program available online.
Designed by multi-platinum Daniel Wyatt with one of the most experienced Music Production, Sound Design and Composition course designers this completely updated for 2016 program takes you from Composition bootcamp to the advanced techniques of sound design and well-kept industry secrets of art and science of modern mixing and mastering.
With Ultimate EMP Program you can choose the modules you want – depending on your skill level and experience.
Online classes start in September 2016, November 2016 and January 2017.
Students are qualified for educational discounts from leading plugin developers including iZotope, SoundToys, FabFilter, XFer-Records (Serum) and AAS.
- Composition Foundations Review: Circle of fifths and camelot wheel. Advanced Modes. How to use your knowledge of maj/min/modes to create a more diverse track that heightens the storyline by accentuation major and minor to intensify the mood. Hierarchy of scale. tonic, dominant, leading tone. Learn who is friendly and who brings tension and who brings release. what are consonances and what are dissonances. Intervals- the use of them in melody, harmony, vocal harmony. Interval Inversions.
- How to write strong melodies?
- How to write strong chord progressions?
- Counterpoint, and tricks for when you get stuck
- Orchestration and song structure: Orchestration and its power. Learn concepts that will give illusion of your track getting bigger or smaller. How to add instruments to build your mix
- Chorus and Codas: The Evolutions of a Chorus. Why a Bridge/Coda is a must. How it will take your track to the next level and create a much stronger drop.
- Composition Writing: Melody and Harmony. How to compose a relatable chord progression to your pre-existing melody. How to compose a relatable melody to your chord progression. How to compose a bassline from your melody. How to compose a bassline from your chord progression.
- Student Tracks: Bring students tracks in help fatten them up or arrange them
Learning how to speak the language of sound is a vital aspect to recreating and understanding the sounds that you love.
In stage two you will dive into specific techniques and methods, you learn to use the most popular synths and effects and how you can use them to define your own sonic signature.
You will learn about various processing methods and which ones to use in specific situation.
At the end off this module you will be able to analyse any sound and identify the different ingredients. You will be able to use any synthesizer right away to create the sounds that you hear in your head.
- Starting the mix. Mix Organization, Gain Staging, Reference Tracks and Monitoring
- Saturation: Types of saturation, bringing large analog consoles sound into your DAW, Analog Tape
- Equalization: EQ intro, Filtering, EQ types, Digital and analog EQs
- Compression and Limiting: Digital and Analog compression, sidechain compression
- Reverb, Delay and FX techniques
- Stereo Width: Panning, Haas, Auto-panning, Phase alignment
- Mixing Practical with variety of EDM styles
You will learn to use a range of different processing techniques and dive deep into the inner workings of sound.
- Advanced Mixing: Advanced ear-training, Complex projects mixing and mix organization, Ultimate channel strip, Mixing into compressor, Loudness control
- Saturation and Equalization: Analog warmth, Tape/Tube/Transistor saturation, Shelf EQ, Vintage EQs and large consoles: Pultec, API, SSL, Neve
- Reverb and Ambience: Room/Plate/Hall Reverbs, Gated reverb, Reverb editing, Modulating Reverb, Reverse reverb techniques
- Modern Processing: Mid/Side, Parallel and Multiband processing. Haas FX, Panning and using modulation effects
- Next-Level Delay: Using Echoboy and Primal Tap in the mix. Creative Delay
- Advanced compression: De-essing, miltiband, parallel, mid-side compression, breathing, creative compression. Vintage compressors
- Multiband processing: Multiband compression, saturation, stereo widening
- Pitch and vocal processing: Pitch correction, quantization and vocal processing
- Mastering tools: Tools and plugins used for mastering
- Ultimate Master Chain: Plugins used for master chain – saturation, master EQs, master compressors etc.
- Stem Mastering: Stem mastering process and mastering stems for DJs (NI Stems)
- Mastering Processing: Master tape emulation, parallel and mid/side compression. Audio restoration
- Loudness: Everything about metering and loudness
- Advanced limiting: Create power and eliminate distortion, Limiter types, Double limiting
- Multiband processing: Multiband compression, saturation, stereo widening
- EP compilation: Mastering EPs and complex projects. High quality mp3/aac creation. Mastering for TV, streaming services, iTunes and Spotify
Build your own program starting from just $650
Meet the instructors
Daniel Wyatt, Mixing and Mastering
Daniel Wyatt is multi-platinum, Grammy and Emmy nominated audio engineer with credits from Ultra Records to Old Dirty Bastard to Norah Jones, and one of the most influential mixing and mastering instructors and course designers. In the last decade he taught over 1,000 producers and audio engineers how to mix and master modern styles of music from deep house, minimal techno, and trance to hip hop, trap, dubstep, and drum’n’bass. Many of his students have had their tracks hit the iTunes and Beatport charts.
DJ Kiva / Music Production
DJ Kiva is an artist, multi-instrumentalist, producer, and founder of record label Adios Babylon.
Kiva is an Ableton Live certified trainer, serving 8 years as a senior music production instructor at New York City DJ & Music Production School Dubspot.
He has taught Ableton and music production to over 7000+ students worldwide, from novice producers just beginning to pursue the craft, to legendary top professionals looking to embrace new music technology.
Jor van der Poel / Sound Design
Jor is one of the the most incredible sound designers. For many years he was creating lots of best-selling commercial sound packs and tutorials for Loopmasters, ADSR and major DAW developers.
In 2016 Jor has developed one of the most advanced Sound Design programs with MixMasterWyatt Academy.
Kristin Hevner / EDM Composition
Kristin Hevner’s compositions have been performed nationally and internationally and span the musical genres of classical opera, electronic dance music, and atonal rock.
Kristin has also composed music for Oprah and Deepak Chopra — as well as for national commercials including GEICO and numerous independent films. Her music has been performed in Carnegie Hall, Birdland and in conjunction with La Scala in Milan.
As former Composer-in-residence the new NYC-based opera company, Metropolis Opera Project, Kristin penned four full-length contemporary operas that have been recently performed off-Broadway.
Kristin holds degrees from The Ester Boyer School of Music at Temple University, The Graduate Center of the City University of New York, and the School for Audio Engineering (SAE), NYC.
Kristin also served on the board of directors for “The Look and Listen Festival,” an annual event dedicated to the performance of contemporary music in art galleries.
If you have any questions about our programs/courses or if you want to chat with instructors – please join our Online Open House (each Sunday 2PM EST)
How do our classes work?
Students take this course because they want to:
- Release their own original music commercially with a professional, competitive sound
- Make money producing music, djing, designing sounds, mixing and mastering
- Create that BIG FAT mix with everything in its place
- Produce tracks that stand up better to commercial hits on the radio or in the club
- Deliver quality mixes to the client or the mastering engineer
- Work on projects they like and, most of all, with people they choose
All the techniques shown in Mixing and Mastering, Sound Design and Processing and Composition modules are applicable to any modern DAW:
Cubase, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, BitWig, FL Studio, Reason, Pro Tools and others.
Through our courses we cover plugins from some of the hottest manufacturers including Audio Ease, Fabfilter, Izotope, Slate Digital, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Universal Audio, and Valhalla. You can always use the stock plugins in your DAW, and as your ear develops you can add choice plugins from these manufacturers.
As a bonus: for these courses I’ve partnered with developers so you can save up to 50% purchasing plugins from FabFilter, iZotope, SoundToys and XFer-Records (Serum synth). More plugin/DAWs developers are coming soon.
Some of our Student Tracks
Here are just a few out of hundreds that are featured on Beatport.